Why Be a Book Ambassador?
The best reason to be an ambassador for the book is if you like it. For authors who self-publish, getting the word out is tough. We try really hard to introduce the book to as many people as possible.
It’s a big job for one person. I’m honestly looking support from readers who enjoyed the book.
What does a book ambassador do?
The role is to share into about the book in whatever way works best for you. Here’s some ideas for how you could help.
- Spreading the word on social media is obviously helpful. (FYI – the Virgin Mary is a social media fanatic.) Tag people you know and hopefully they’ll post it too.
- If you have a book club, suggest they read it. I will be happy to host a virtual book club meeting with you and your friends.
- The eBook is available in the Overdrive catalog. That’s where libraries get their books. See if you can interest your library in getting a copy. (Sells to them below retail.)
- If you know anyone who reviews books, please suggest they consider Our Lady of Variety. I’m happy to loan or donate an eBook for them to use.
- Review the book on the site where you buy it and on Goodreads if you have time.
Top 5 Reasons
- You immediately become a self-published author superhero. I will send you a digital badge to prove it.
- If you are also a writer, I’ll add your book to my website gallery and promote it on my social media.
- We can have a one-on-one discussion about the book. I’m also looking to kick around ideas what I might include in the sequel.
- Once our social media pages are up (working on it), we will RT and post your reviews and comments.
- I will happy send you anything you need to promote the books. Images, comments, writer prompts and inside jokes. I can be available for interviews or podcasts.
Do as much or as little as you want. When you become a book ambassador, you’re donating your time. It’s generous of you to do it all.
When I publish something, there’s this weird mix of excitement and fear. Will people like it? What if everyone hates it?
What if no one buys it…
Every author wants to be heard. Some people will love this book and others not so much. I just want them to have a chance to read it and decide for themselves.
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your help in making that happen.